Commercial Auto Insurance in Tennessee

Proudly serving Knoxville, Dayton, Madisonville & Kingston

Start a Quote

Quote Form - Coverage Page

Auto Insurance Overview

Commercial auto insurance is designed to provide business liability coverage and may also cover vehicles used for business purposes. Commercial auto insurance is typically appropriate for vehicles owned or operated by a company, including cars, trucks, vans and commercial fleets. Contact the Mike Dyer Agency with offices in Knoxville, Dayton, Madisonville and Kingston, Tennessee, to get personalized quotes for commercial auto insurance.

What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?

Commercial auto insurance may cover potential risks while using vehicles for business purposes. Coverage options vary depending on the insurance provider and policy, but here are some common coverages typically included in commercial auto insurance policies: 

Liability coverage is a common way Tennessee drivers demonstrate the financial responsibility required by state law. This coverage may help protect businesses from financial loss if they are responsible for third-party bodily injury or property damage to others while using their vehicles. Liability insurance only provides coverage up to the policy’s dollar limits. 

Collision insurance

may help pay for repairs or replacement of the insured vehicles if they are damaged in a collision with another vehicle or object.

Comprehensive coverage

may help replace or repair the insured vehicles after noncollision incidents, such as theft, vandalism, fire or damage caused by natural disasters.

Medical payments (MedPay)

coverage may help pay for medical expenses for injuries sustained by the driver and passengers of the insured vehicle, regardless of who is at fault.

Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage

may help cover damage to company vehicles if an accident involves drivers without insurance or insufficient coverage to cover their legal liability fully. 

Companies that rent or borrow vehicles need hired and non-owned auto (HNOA) coverage to provide appropriate auto insurance coverage. HNOA is also a good choice for companies with employees that use their personal vehicles for work-related activities, such as running errands, making deliveries or visiting clients. 

Get a free quote

Our agents can help you find the best coverage at the best rates in Tennessee. Request a quote today!

When Is Commercial Auto Insurance Required?

Commercial auto insurance is typically required when vehicles are used for business purposes. If a business owns vehicles used for business operations, such as delivery vehicles, service trucks or company cars, commercial auto insurance is necessary to protect against potential liabilities and property damage. 

Some industries, such as transportation, construction or food delivery, may have specific legal requirements mandating commercial auto insurance coverage due to the nature of their operations and associated risks. 

What Is the Difference Between Commercial Auto and General Liability Insurance?

While commercial auto insurance covers vehicles used for business purposes, general liability insurance may help provide broader coverage that protects businesses from a wide range of liabilities.  

Commercial auto insurance covers vehicles and their associated risks according to the policy’s terms. General liability insurance may cover for third-party bodily injuries on company property, property damage resulting from company activities, product liability and advertising injuries. 

In many cases, a company that uses vehicles in normal operations needs commercial auto and general liability insurance.

Contact Us

Contact the Mike Dyer Agency today to learn more about getting appropriate commercial insurance coverage for your business.

Request a Quote

Contact form - home